Something a little different from my normal posts!
Over the summer I attempted to restore one of my mom’s old chairs. This chair has just been sitting in the back for as long as I can remember and sure has seen some better days. My mom told me she picked it up at a garage sale years ago. I really liked the design so I gave it a go.
(Other project chillin in the back lol, 1980 Celica ST)
Chair design was really simple; cushions, metal frame and five wooden columns that were all the same size.
The vinyl was pretty beat.
Frame was full of rust.
Scrapped the old wood and cut new ones.
The hardest and most time consuming portion was stripping the frame. I first used paint stripper but wasn’t able to get most the old paint and rust off. I ended up using an angle grinder and a brass brush to get it as stripped as possible.
Stripped, now ready for priming and painting.
First couple of coats on
**I wasn’t able to get progress pics of the vinyl, but the cushions were painted burgundy.**
All that was left was to put it together
And that’s it! Overall the project only cost around $40.
If you’re ever over come have a seat haha. Enjoy :)